Our Kansas City based client is looking to add a Network Admin on a contract basis with a good potential for conversion in 4-6 months.
The Lead Network Administrator will work with a team of networking administrators whose focus will be on design and delivery of client and datacenter solutions utilizing Cisco and F5 technologies. This individual will be responsible for creating and maintaining procedures related to the design, implementation, prioritization, and support of network systems request including the monitoring, tracking, and troubleshooting of critical systems.
- Responsible as an organizational lead for a team of skilled network administrator.
o Coaches and mentors administrators with daily task and projects.
o Delegates project duties and tracks progress of work to ensure timelines are met.
- Support and maintain the global LAN and WAN systems.
o Maintain accurate reporting of bandwidth, port, and system usage to ensure effective capacity planning and alerting on possible network related issues.
o Provide technical assistance and implement / maintain monitoring system to troubleshoot and analyze
- LAN/WAN outages
- LAN/WAN throughput issues
- Cisco VoIP Issues
o Follow industry standards and best practices to ensure highly available and flexible systems. Evaluate and make recommendations on systems that do not meet these standards to ensure integrity of the systems and services.
o Maintain accurate documentation and network diagrams of LAN/WAN systems.
- Work with Information Security team to ensure compliance with all set networking policies and controls.
- Work with various diagnostic tools to provide insight into the operations and performance of the network along with the ability to use those tools to troubleshoot network related issues.
- Work with other IT divisions in a team setting to bring new systems online along with the ability to troubleshoot those systems if the need arises.
- Participate in change management process for all network, voice and F5 related events.
- Ability to be available for network related escalation events and the ability to communicate those events in a manner that the business can understand.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong oral and written communication skills are a must.
- Experience – 10+ years related network experience
- Extensive hands on support of Layer 2 and 3 Cisco Switches (IOS & NX-OS), Routers and Firewalls.
- Extensive hands on support of F5 Products including AFM, ASM, LTM and APM.
- Responsibilities include working with geographically diverse IT Staff and network administrator team members.
- Preferred experience with the following: SolarWinds, Iperf, Wireshark or other network capture and analysis tools.
- The ability to support critical systems after hours, night and weekends as needed.
- Proven experience with Cisco and F5 products (design, implementation, monitoring, troubleshooting and remediation).
- Preferred Cisco Networking related certifications of CCNP or higher or verifiable equivalent experience with Cisco products.
- Travel is 10% or less
- Good understanding of the ITIL, ITSM principles